Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cuan Grande es Dios



Recently GOD has been amazing me with how BIG he truly is. I have been so blessed here to have multiple opportunities to spend time in GOD's marvelous creation. If I walk about two hours from my house up the mountain I am surrounded by a verdant tropical forest, breathtaking views of the valley below, and crystal clear waterfalls. A two hour drive from where I live takes me to the Pacific Ocean where GOD's majesty is displayed in the black beaches, mountainous coast, and crashing waves of turquoise. The five interns spent a day at the beach this week (I know, it is tough being a missionary at times), exploring the less touristy side of the coast and taking in the untouched beauty of GOD's masterpiece. We all took the opportunity to sit by ourselves and spend some time with the LORD. As I watched the waves crashing down upon the rocks, sending ocean spray ten feet up into the air I could not help but be totally in awe with GOD's power. What really hit me though was the that the GOD that I come to in prayer is the very same GOD that is likewise the commander of this unending stretch of ocean. My GOD is the GOD of the universe! He is so personal, yet so infinite; So intimate while being all powerful. He cares about the most finite details of our lives while holding the whole world in his hands. Hallelujah do we serve an incredible GOD!
That experience is so encouraging to me when I begin to think about Alajuelita, and our Christian mission as a whole. I just finished reading the book "Radical" by David Platt where he repeatedly references the 4.5 billion people in the world who are currently living apart from Christ. In face of such a huge task it is easy for me to become discouraged at times. However, I am realizing that I am called to love like Christ and love indiscriminately until it hurts. GOD uses what we as feeble men are doing here on earth and magnifying it to fulfill his great purpose. Job comes to this very same conclusion: "I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted...My ears have heard of you but now my eyes have seen you therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes" (Job 42:2, 5-6). How foolish it is of me to think that I alone can bring to fruition any of GOD's perfect plans. As I see the greatness of GOD daily I am humbled into an awareness of my position as a servant of the most high GOD.
GOD BLESS,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment